Like this episode? Want more?
The LBC podcast is ALWAYS free, thanks to contributions from supporters. We’d love for you to join today!
Powered by RedCircle
“The thing is these courses are not necessarily a good fit for what we’re doing in private practice.”
— Annie Frisbie
Have you ever gotten swept up in the marketing tactics of online courses and purchased one only to realize that it won’t actually work for your business?
We are both guilty of falling prey to the “you have to buy this course in order to grow your business” marketing tactics and it doesn’t feel good.
The thing is that most of these online courses aren’t right for lactation consultants or the way we run our private practices. Our clients are already vulnerable and we definitely don’t want to use high-pressure strategies on them during this time.
In this episode, we are sharing how to know when an online course is right for you and why marketing strategies don’t work for our business.
Listen now to discover:
- Why most marketing courses don’t work for lactation consultants (4:10)
- Using marketing in the healthcare field (9:59)
- What online courses were helpful for our business (12:15)
- How different courses appeal to different people (14:08)
“The healthcare field has a really hard time crossing over with a lot of the marketing fields because you can’t provide many promises and that’s what a lot of marketing does.”
— Leah Jolly
Links and Resources
- Check out our deeper dives and become a member: https://paperlesslactation.com/lactation-business-coaching/
- Utilizing Gmail course: https://learn.withdara.com/
- Check out Jasmine Star: https://jasminestar.com/
- The Boss Project Shop: https://bossproject.com/
- Shondra Matto’s course on SEO: https://www.shondramattos.com/shop
- Come see us at the USLCA’s 2022 live conference: https://uslca.org/new_horizons_norfolk/
1:23 – Being susceptible to online marketing
4:10 – Why marketing courses don’t work
9:59 – Using marketing in the healthcare field
11:36 – Optimizing Gmail course
12:15 – Online courses that helped our business
14:08 – How different courses appeal to different people
20:27 – The upcoming in-person conference
Find our Deeper Dive into Private Practice with Rachel O’Brien, MA, IBCLC, RLC + more in the Lactation Business Coaching Deeper Dive Vault. Memberships start at $15/month.
Leah Jolly is a private practice IBCLC with Bay Area Breastfeeding in Houston, Texas. Annie Frisbie is a private practice IBCLC serving Queens and Brooklyn in New York City, and the creator of the Lactation Consultant Private Practice Toolkit.