Like this episode? Want more?
The LBC podcast is ALWAYS free, thanks to contributions from supporters. We’d love for you to join today!
“The next million-dollar idea might be sitting inside of your brain right now because you made a connection between a need and an innovation, a way to solve a problem. It could be in your head right this second but we don’t give ourselves a chance to think about that.”
— Leah Jolly
Where do you see your lactation private practice in ten years?
If you haven’t thought about it don’t worry, in the beginning sometimes just focusing on the newness of your practice fills you up. But there may come a day where you start to daydream about the potential and possibilities of your private practice.
In this episode, we are giving you our top tips on how you can dream of where you want your business to be and what to do with all those ideas in your brain. (Hint, it involves something sparkly.)
Listen now to discover:
- Looking at your business ten years in the future (3:35)
- The first question you should ask yourself when dreaming about the future (9:24)
- How you might have the next million-dollar idea in your brain right now (16;33)
- The importance of creating blank spaces in your life (20:06)
- The best way to get all those ideas out of your head (25:10)
“Don’t let the fact that there’s competition deter you. If that idea picked you, please get it out there.”
— Annie Frisbie
Links and Resources
- Register for Clinical Complexities in Private Practice: https://paperlesslactation.com/course
- check out our deeper dives and become a member: https://paperlesslactation.com/lactation-business-coaching/
- Check out Episode 1: Launching Your Lactation Business
- Books mentioned:
1:01 – Clinical complexities in Private Practice
4:04 – Looking ten years in the future
6:46 – Allowing more ease in your business
9:24 – The first question to ask yourself
11:02 – How to use your past experiences
16:56 – Your million-dollar idea
18:05 – Get your ideas out into the world
21:15 – Creating blank space
23:32 – Writing down your ideas
Find our Deeper Dive into Private Practice with Rachel O’Brien, MA, IBCLC, RLC + more in the Lactation Business Coaching Deeper Dive Vault. Memberships start at $15/month.
Leah Jolly is a private practice IBCLC with Bay Area Breastfeeding in Houston, Texas. Annie Frisbie is a private practice IBCLC serving Queens and Brooklyn in New York City, and the creator of the Lactation Consultant Private Practice Toolkit.