Like this episode? Want more?
The LBC podcast is ALWAYS free, thanks to contributions from supporters. We’d love for you to join today!
Powered by RedCircle
“It’s so important to recognize that there are always gonna be those cases that are gonna go outside of our normal care. I just feel like you have to be prepared for that.”
— Leah Jolly
Remember the story of Goldilocks and The Three Bears and how she found the perfect porridge and chair? It seemed it was made just for her.
That got us thinking about what is our perfect amount of work cases to be taking on at a time in our private practice.
We soon came to realize that this is a very hard thing to figure out. Being a lactation consultant is an emotional rollercoaster then add running your own business into it and the ups and downs get even crazier.
In this episode, we give you a glimpse of the behind-the-scenes of our businesses and how we make sure we don’t get overloaded with work cases so we can try to find the right balance.
Listen now to discover:
- What the pandemic taught us about burnout (5:30)
- Trying to find the balance between not taking on too many clients but also having enough to support you and your family (7:32)
- Ways to prioritize clients (10:29)
- Factoring in different stages of your life (15:06)
“Different stages of our lives might dictate that we’re gonna push more or pull back for other reasons outside of our control.”
— Leah Jolly
Links and Resources
- Sign up for our next Deeper Dive on November 7, 2022 with Catherine Watson Genna about Supporting Sucking Skills: https://learn.paperlesslactation.com/course/supportingsuckingskills
- Check out our deeper dives and become a member: https://learn.paperlesslactation.com/deeper-dives
- Listen on Patreon: patreon.com/lactationbusinesscoaching
1:10 – Our next Deeper Dive
5:30 – What the pandemic taught us about burnout
7:32 – Trying to find balance
10:29 – Ways to prioritize clients
15:06 – Factoring in different stages of your life
17:59 – Annie’s embarrassing story of trying to cut expenses
Find our Deeper Dive into Private Practice with Rachel O’Brien, MA, IBCLC, RLC + more in the Lactation Business Coaching Deeper Dive Vault. Memberships start at $15/month.
Leah Jolly is a private practice IBCLC with Bay Area Breastfeeding in Houston, Texas. Annie Frisbie is a private practice IBCLC serving Queens and Brooklyn in New York City, and the creator of the Lactation Consultant Private Practice Toolkit.