Like this episode? Want more?
The LBC podcast is ALWAYS free, thanks to contributions from supporters. We’d love for you to join today!
“Think about what other businesses you can bring in, what other services you can offer to really make it a well-rounded space to make sure that families are getting as much support as possible in one location.”
— Katy Linda
Is it your dream to have your own office for your private lactation practice?
We all dream about making it look pretty and what kind of couch we would want, but there’s so much more than just the decor to think about.
In this episode, we are chatting with Katy Linda, IBCLC all about finding and designing your dream office from the not so fun part of thinking about parking to the decorating part (which is our favorite part!).
Katy helps us focus on the important aspects of finding your dream office while giving practical tips for making sure it works for you and your business.
As a mom of four, Katy knows that being a parent is a tough job. Her own parenting and breastfeeding journey has not been without challenges, and she knows her clients won’t be either. Katy helps the breastfeeding parent and their baby be comfortable with their breastfeeding relationship.
Check out this video of Katy’s amazing office space:
Listen now to discover:
- Why Katy felt an office space was important for her business (2:50)
- The first thing you should consider when looking at office spaces (7:31)
- What Katy’s office looks like (11:18)
- How bringing in other services can support your client better (27:18)
“I think the biggest thing to consider that I’ve seen other people make mistakes with is accessibility.”
— Katy Linda
Links and Resources
- Check out Katy Linda, IBCLC: https://katylinda.com/
- Check out the Clinical Complexities in Private Practice individual topics: https://paperlesslactation.com/course
- Check out our deeper dives and become a member: https://paperlesslactation.com/lactation-business-coaching/
- Check out our upcoming Deeper Dive into Marketing with Shondra Mattos, IBCLC on April 27, 2022: http://lactationbusinesscoaching.com/
- Join our Deeper Dive into Educating Families about Bottles with Rachel O’Brien MA, IBCLC on May 11, 2002: http://lactationbusinesscoaching.com/
2:50 – why having an office space is important
7:31 – The first thing to consider when choosing an office space
11:18 – What Katy’s office looks like
16:10 – The importance of a private bathroom
19:11 – What kind of flooring you should have
21:04 – How movement helps your clients
23:54 – Supporting local artists
27:18 – Bringing in other support professionals
31:40 – Two lessons that Katy learned
34:53 – Why you should dream big
Find our Deeper Dive into Private Practice with Rachel O’Brien, MA, IBCLC, RLC + more in the Lactation Business Coaching Deeper Dive Vault. Memberships start at $15/month.
Leah Jolly is a private practice IBCLC with Bay Area Breastfeeding in Houston, Texas. Annie Frisbie is a private practice IBCLC serving Queens and Brooklyn in New York City, and the creator of the Lactation Consultant Private Practice Toolkit.