Our supporters keep the LBC podcast going!
Join our Patreon community and get access to swag and our Deeper Dives. Even $1/month helps pay for our production costs and special guests.
Powered by RedCircle
Documenting what happens at a lactation consult is super important for so many reasons, but figuring out just want to say and how to say it can be challenging. In this episode, Annie and Leah will explain their approaches to charting and offer you tips and strategies for making this critical task less overwhelming. Whether you’re paperless or love your clipboard and folders, this episode will help you streamline your charting workflow and feel confident in your documentation.
- What is lactation charting? Get a clear, concise idea of what charting should be
- Why do we have to chart our lactation consults? There are important medical and legal reasons for charting
- What are biggest challenges and time sucks when it comes to charting? Charting can get in the way of life outside of your practice
- So, how can we do it better? There are some strategies for making charting more efficient
- What to include and what to leave out? Not everything needs to go into your reports – Learn what should and shouldn’t be represented
Join the conversation!
Each month we host a live Deeper Dive so you can connect with us, our special guests, and each other + get lifetime access to the recording!
Leah Jolly is a private practice IBCLC with Bay Area Breastfeeding in Houston, Texas. Annie Frisbie is a private practice IBCLC serving Queens and Brooklyn in New York City, and the creator of Paperless Lactation.
The Lactation Business Coaching podcast is produced by us and edited by Jillian Grover, who also writes our show notes. Our theme song is by Silas Wade.