Our supporters keep the LBC podcast going!
Join our Patreon community and get access to swag and our Deeper Dives. Even $1/month helps pay for our production costs and special guests.
Powered by RedCircle
“I think that our role is so powerful and has such a huge value for the healthcare team that I think it’s worth it.”
— Leah Jolly
As more and more parents seek lactation support, it is important to understand the unique role that lactation consultants play in providing care to families.
We know that lactation consultants are different from other healthcare professionals in many ways but how do you convey what we do to others?
In this episode, we are discussing how our relationships with patients are very different from other providers and how we can provide a unique perspective to the care of families.
Listen now to discover:
- Why lactation consults are multifaceted clinicians (4:58)
- Ways that lactation consultant view the whole picture (6:40)
- How trust builds confidence (20:03)
- The importance of investing in relationships to create impact (26:04)
“I think families are really open with us because we spend time with them and we probably spend the most amount of time than any other provider on their healthcare team.”
— Annie Frisbie
Links and Resources
- Sign up for our next Deeper Dive on May 22, 2023 with Melissa Cole, MS, IBCLC about Counseling Families about Tongue Tie: https://learn.paperlesslactation.com/course/tongue-tie-dive
- Subscribe to our Deeper Dive vault: https://learn.paperlesslactation.com/
- Join our Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/lactationbusinesscoaching?fan_landing=true
- Let us know your topic ideas for the podcast: https://paperlesslactation.com/contact/
4:58 – Lactation consults are multifaceted clinicians
6:40 – Viewing the whole picture
9:01 – All babies need help
13:39 – Different ways we help
20:03 – Trust builds confidence
22:38 – There are no lazy babies
26:04 – Investing in relationships to create impact
27:46 – Our upcoming Deeper Dive
Join the conversation!
Each month we host a live Deeper Dive so you can connect with us, our special guests, and each other + get lifetime access to the recording!
Leah Jolly is a private practice IBCLC with Bay Area Breastfeeding in Houston, Texas. Annie Frisbie is a private practice IBCLC serving Queens and Brooklyn in New York City, and the creator of Paperless Lactation.
The Lactation Business Coaching podcast is produced by us and edited by Jillian Grover, who also writes our show notes. Our theme song is by Silas Wade.