Join the conversation!
Each month we host a live Deeper Dive so you can connect with us, our special guests, and each other + get lifetime access to the recording!
“I get so worried that even talking about money or any stress around money is going to negatively impact my relationship with my client.”
— Annie Frisbie
Does your heart start pounding when you hear the word insurance?
It does for us.
Maybe it’s because not all insurances even recognize us as providers plus there’s the uncertainty about getting paid.
We also worry that money will negatively impact our relationship with our clients. It can be so stressful.
In this episode, we discuss the emotional side of insurance and how frustrating it can be.
Listen now to discover:
- The frustration with only having one lactation code (1:46)
- The stress of running a business while dealing with insurance companies (5:25)
- Talking about money with clients (6:01)
- How to move out of the emotional space of insurance (12:05)
“The fact that not all insurance companies even recognize us as somebody who could provide a service is just so frustrating.”
— Leah Jolly
Links and Resources
- Check out the Clinical Complexities in Private Practice individual topics: https://paperlesslactation.com/course
- Check out our deeper dives and become a member: https://paperlesslactation.com/lactation-business-coaching/
- Check out our upcoming Deeper Dive into Insurance with Rebecca Costello https://paperlesslactation.com/deeper-dive/
- Read Annie’s book: Lactation Private Practice: From Start to Strong
- Check out Rebecca Costello’s previous Deeper Dive into insurance: https://paperlesslactation.com/deeper-dive/
1:46 – Having just one lactation code
2:29 – Not being recognized by insurance companies
3:07 – Getting paid for your work
6:01 – Talking about money with clients
8:48 – Deeper Dive about insurance
12:05 – Moving out of the emotional space
Leah Jolly is a private practice IBCLC with Bay Area Breastfeeding in Houston, Texas. Annie Frisbie is a private practice IBCLC serving Queens and Brooklyn in New York City, and the creator of Paperless Lactation.
The Lactation Business Coaching podcast is produced by us and edited by Jillian Grover, who also writes our show notes. Our theme song is by Silas Wade.