Join the conversation!
Each month we host a live Deeper Dive so you can connect with us, our special guests, and each other + get lifetime access to the recording!
Powered by RedCircle
“Recognizing that this baby is another human in front of you and we need to honor them just like we would our neighbor or our best friend. That they have their own autonomy and needs and personality.”
— Leah Jolly
In today’s episode, we are talking about something super important – connecting with babies and treating them like the little bosses they are.
We’ve got some awesome tips on how to make those genuine connections during exams, and how it’s all about consent and involving the baby in the conversation.
It’s all about teamwork, baby!
We also dive into the importance of understanding babies and helping parents bond with their precious bundles of joy so they can create those magical moments and build that unbreakable bond.
Listen now to discover:
- How to make that first connection with a baby (4:23)
- Our approach to obtaining consent from a baby (7:49)
- The role of healthcare professionals in helping parents build a deeper connection with their baby (15:19)
- The magic baby hold that helps them relax (18:55)
“You can be such an asset to those families if you know how to help them through that hard time.”
— Leah Jolly
Links and Resources
- RBF: Resting Bitch Face
- Check out Rachel O’Brien’s I Speak baby Shirts: https://www.rachelobrienibclc.com/product-category/shirts-and-clothing/
- Sign up for our next Deeper Dive on August 22, 2023 with Rachel O’Brien, IBCLC about the latest on bottles and nipples: https://learn.paperlesslactation.com/course/deeperdive-latest-bottlesandnipples
- Subscribe to our Deeper Dive vault: https://learn.paperlesslactation.com/
- Join our Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/lactationbusinesscoaching?fan_landing=true
- Let us know your topic ideas for the podcast: https://paperlesslactation.com/contact/
00:42 – Dealing with hot weather
4:23 – The first connection with a baby
7:49 – Obtaining consent from a baby
9:39 – Assessment techniques for babies
15:19 – Helping parents build a deeper connection with their baby
18:55 – The magic baby hold
25:36 – Staying up to date on baby products
28:20 – Our next Deeper Dive on bottle feeding
Leah Jolly is a private practice IBCLC with Bay Area Breastfeeding in Houston, Texas. Annie Frisbie is a private practice IBCLC serving Queens and Brooklyn in New York City, and the creator of Paperless Lactation.
The Lactation Business Coaching podcast is produced by us and edited by Jillian Grover, who also writes our show notes. Our theme song is by Silas Wade.